Tax Articles And IRS Information
Find out all you wanted to know and more about tax law and individual tax requirements.
Articles that affect your personal tax liability
- IRS Audits Increase For Self Employed
Jeff Fouts Quoted In ABC News
- The History of the United States Income Tax
Americans have been paying income taxes since 1913
- Jail Time for Tax Evasion
Find out if you are going to jail
- Are Income Taxes Legal?
Find out why income taxes are constitutionally legal and the IRS rebuttal of frivolous tax arguments
- Bill Gates Tax Problems
IRS can’t deal with huge numbers
- How the IRS is Reaching Across International Borders
If you’re a US citizen but you live overseas, the IRS may be taking a closer look at your personal finances.
- IRS Seizure of Assets
The IRS loves to seize the assets from delinquent taxpayers, take action to protect your personal property from the government.
- Tax Refund Notices
IRS guidelines outlining 10 steps to check your refund
- Hiring A Tax Attorney
What to look for
- Auto Mileage Rates Update
What car travel deductions to expect from the IRS
- Solve Your Tax Problems
Take the steps needed to deal with your tax debt and liabilities
- Tax Humor
The IRS can’t take a joke
- Tax Scams
The IRS cracks down
- Credit Counseling
How to avoid credit repair rip-offs
- Information About J.K.Harris
Publicly available information to answer questions about tax rep firm JK Harris
- IRS Quotes
Humor and insight about the largest US government office
- Offer In Compromise Fees
More tax related expenses
- IRS Court Summons
Example of Revenue Officer taking a taxpayer into federal court
- Back Payroll Taxes
The IRS will do anything to collect money.
- Criminal Investigations
IRS beefs up staff to target tax dodgers.
- Abusive Tax Schemes
Common tax evasion methods admonished by the IRS
- Employment Taxes
How to avoid federal penalties from improper employee tax withholding
- Have Not Filed All Tax Returns
Tips on how non filers can safely make amends with the federal government
- IRS Collection Tools
The IRS is the most powerful collection agency in the world
- Criminal Investigation Division
Thousands of federal agents secretly investigating tax code violators
- Irwin Schiff Charged with Tax Evasion
Federal jury indicts famous anti tax author for defrauding the US government
- IRS Advisers Incorrectly Answer Common Tax Questions
Government sponsored tax help centers 28% incorrect
- Working with a Licensed, Tax Professional
How to work with a tax attorney to maximize your benefit
- Social Security Levy Benefits
Prevent having your Social Security benefits reduced
- Respect for Our Clients
Law office provides true customer service
- Millions in Refund and Tax Checks Returned to IRS
Taxpayers with incorrect addresses miss tax refunds
- 10 Deadly Sins
Termination of Employment for Misconduct for IRS employees
- IRS Warns of “Corporation Sole” Tax Scam
A tax scheme based on a religious loophole is gaining in popularity
- Ex IRS Man Declares Himself Tax Exempt
An ex IRS agent tries to explain why not paying income tax is legal
- IRS Mainframe Upgrade Debacle
Read about the latest failure of the IRS to upgrade its computer systems
- Federal Court Blocks Internet Tax Scam
Georgia Man Allegedly Sold A Tax Buster Scheme to Customers in 41 States
- Warning: Don’t Put Off Dealing With Your IRS Problem!
Having an IRS problem is a never-ending nightmare
- Will You Ever Have a Life?
You’re fortunate enough to be living at a time when the “tax settlement” program
- IRS’s Nonfiler Enforcement Program
In the eyes of the IRS, taxpayers who fail to file income tax returns and therefore stop paying income tax, pose a serious threat to tax administration and the American economy
- IRS to Now Allow Partial Payment Option
The IRS implemented an additional payment option, on January 17, 2005, known as the Partial Payment Installment Agreement (PPIA) for taxpayers who have outstanding federal tax liabilities
- Avoiding Audits – A Word to the Wise
Receiving an envelope from the IRS would make any taxpayer’s heart skip a beat….
- IRS Employment Tax Enforcement
Employers are required by law to withhold employment taxes from their employees.
- If You Have Unpaid Taxes The IRS is Hunting for You!
People who owe the IRS back taxes or have unfiled tax returns you should be getting very worried about now.
- IRS Pushing Hard To Hasten The Audit Process
With over 220 million business and personal tax returns filed every year and only about 30,000 tax auditors, the IRS is badly outnumbered
- Taxpayer Rights Before IRS Seizure of Assets
The IRS is the most powerful collection agency in the United States.
- Significant Employment Tax Evasion Cases
The following case summaries are excerpts from public record documents on file in the court records in the judicial district in which the cases were prosecuted.
- Significant Case Summaries
The IRS states that they are excerpts from public record documents on file in the court records in the judicial district in which the cases were prosecuted
- Tax Liens
A Tax Lien is Settled in Two Ways : You Get Eaten, or You Get Out
- IRS Tax Liens
IRS Tax Liens and Levies: The Tax Collectors Strongest Weapons
- Back Taxes
Back Taxes are More Serious than You Think, and More Manageable than You Thought
- IRS Help
Do You Need Someone to Help You With Your IRS Tax Problem?
- IRS Problem
Are You Facing IRS problems?
- Tax Resolution
Either the IRS or You
- GAO: IRS Needs to Make Compliance Strategy Clearer
A recent report from Government Accountability Office says that the Internal Revenue Service needs to establish a more “results-oriented approach” to reducing the tax gap
- Senate To Curtail De Facto Tax Amnesty
Expect Lawmakers to Aid IRS in Heavy-handed Tax Collection
- Tax Protest Organizer Lynne Meredith
Judge Calls Her Tax Theories “Delusional”
- Alert Congress Clarifies Rules On Installment Agreements
New Rules Allows you to make partial payment of Tax
- IRS Improves Enforcement
When IRS Commissioner Mark Everson came on board as head of the IRS almost three years ago, he said he had three goals for the IRS
- Know Your Rights in Tax Audits
Treasury Report Shows IRS Not Telling Full Story
- IRS Still Can’t Get It Right
A recent Treasury study shows that the IRS’s Customer Account Services, still cannot find their way clear to giving correct advice to citizens when they call the IRS for help.
- FRAUD ALERT
Things You Need to Know to Stay Out of Trouble
- Justice Department Sues To Halt Alleged Internet Tax Scam
Georgia Man Allegedly Sold Fraudulent Tax Schemes to Customers in 41 States
- Enforcement Revenue Reaches Record in 2004
Excerpts from prepared Remarks of IRS Commissioner Mark W. Everson
- Employment Taxes and the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty (TFRP)
Employers be careful and be sure to follow the law to collect and pay trust fund taxes as required by law.
- How to Challenge Tax Audit Decisions
What every citizen Needs to Know About a Notice of Deficiency
- Family Limited Partnership
Non standard business entities raise audit chances
- IRS Stops Freezing Refunds
A bit of tax relief
- Going Bankrupt Against the IRS
When to restart your financial record
- IRS Lien
Get liens removed before selling real estate
- What to Do When the IRS Comes After You
There are a number of tactics you can use to protect what’s rightfully yours
- How an accountant defeated the IRS
Charles Ulrich is winning in court against the IRS, and it’s possible that tens of thousands of taxpayers may be able to get income tax refunds from the IRS.
- Don’t Worry – The Other Guy is Paying the Bill
A look at the effects proposed new government entitlement programs will have on American taxpayers.
- US House of Representatives Salaries
Budget for individual United States Congressmen & Congresswomen
State Tax Charts
- State Tax Amnesty Programs
See which states have recently offered tax amnesty for non filers and are providing an opportuity to pay back taxes with no penalties.
- 2002 State Tax Revenue
Amount states collected from individuals ranked as percentage of personal income.
- State Taxes Collected
2002 individual taxes paid.
- State Tax Rates
Find out what other folks pay for their state income taxes.
- State Tax Offices
Comprehensive listings of state comptroller websites.